Re: [TenTec] RASCAL interface and the Orion 565

To: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>, "Rick W" <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RASCAL interface and the Orion 565
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:27:40 -0500
Correction:

FSK input is the Red connector going to pin 5 on the AUX connector.

Pin 2 on the AUX connector is ground.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net> To: "Rick W" <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:24 PM

The Tentec supplied dongle has 4 cables/connectors.

They are:
Line Audio In = white - to pin 1 from computer sound card
Line Audio Out = yellow - to pin 4 to computer sound card
PTT = black to pin 3 - either a foot switch of manual switch. Can be controlled from the RS-232 connector on the computer.
FSK = FSK to pin 2 - must toggle from high to low for mark / space

For true FSK {and not AFSK} a proper interface will be required to toggle pin 2 from high to low for proper mark-space operation. The radio should be in FSK mode. To activate PTT take pin 3 to ground.

The easiest way, use the Tentec 712 USB soundcard interface and the computer software of your choice. No fuss, no mess, no external box to adjust. The computer software handles all the levels and switching. Only have to select AUX for the TX audio source.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick W" <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>