Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PBT Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PBT Question
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:02:54 +0000
Oops, I just realized something.  Sorry, it's early in the morning and
the brain isn't totally alive yet.

What I was REALLY seeing, was a non-flat passband.  I think it sloped
slightly downward in the treble.  The passband was actually identical
in USB/LSB - I was wrong in the previous email.  There WAS identical
sound in USB/LSB, it just wasn't flat in two out of the three
Corsairs.  That's why I suspected the product detector capacitors -
they will equally affect USB and LSB.

So I need to revise my conclusion - the Inrad filters SHOULD fix that
USB/LSB asymmetry.

73,
Barry N1EU