[TenTec] Problem with Orion II and N1MM Logger

To: "orion565@yahoogroups.com" <orion565@yahoogroups.com>, Discussion of Ten- Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Problem with Orion II and N1MM Logger
From: Rod Greene <w7zrc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:25:14 -0800 (PST)
I know this is just before SS SSB .....

Problem:
When I click
 on a function key to send a .wav file, something in Logger resets my
Mic gain setting on the Orion to zero. If I turn up the Mic gain setting
 while the .wav file is playing, the audio gets transmitted. Then when I
 click on a function key the next time, the Mic gain is set back to zero
 again. After the message plays, the Mic gain is restored to normal
level. Don't know if that makes sense. It's just when the function key
is pressed and the message is playing, that the Mic gain gets set to
zero. After the message is done, the Mic gain reverts to normal setting.

I have been working on this for hours, and can't find the setting that does
this.

I tried using an old version of Writelog and it works fine for playing recorded
messages. ie, it doesn't mess with
 the Orion's Mic gain.

By the way, I'm using an original MicroKeyer for the interface. However, I
don't think it's the problem.

Sure would appreciate some idea of what to look for. I'll cross post this to
the Orion reflector.

Thanks and 73. Good luck in the SS

Rod/w7zrc