Re: [TenTec] Eagle Backlight settings

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle Backlight settings
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:20:04 -0600
From the Config Menu the bl i is the overall BackLight Intensity with a
variable of 0 - 15. Of course 15 is as bright as it will get. Now depending on your room lighting and your preference of colors based somewhat on eye sensitivity to colors, you might change the mix of Red , Blue & Green to get a bit more brightness. Even then, once you get to 15 that's as bright as it gets. As I just went through the screens and twiddled the numbers on my radio, I wondered what life expectancy might occur if they were maxed out. In thinking about it, I decided to keep all of mine at 10.

The other thing I've noticed is the contrast, i.e. numbers against the backlight, seems to be notably better if the radio is on axis at eye level as opposed to above or below eye level.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael A. Goltz" <whomike@zoominternet.net>