[TenTec] An Audio Problem with Orion II and N1MM Logger

To: "TenTec Users" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] An Audio Problem with Orion II and N1MM Logger
From: "Dave G3RXP" <g3rxp@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:30:38 -0000
Hello All.

This is not a problem with my Orion 11 but it effects it, so apologies for the bandwidth however I hope some of you experts can help me with an annoying problem with N1MM. ( I didnt get any information from the N1MM reflector)

Its the Audio selection - I choose to have both Left and Right headphones on the main VFO and the Sub receiver on the right hand headphone only. (Im using SO2V) but every time I move around the N1MM windows, N1MM changes the Audio settings to a SO2R N1MM Default - Left main RX and the Right hand phone to Sub receiver.

Now Im no expert at doing two things at once but it is very handy to listen to 10m openings while Im on 40m for example and its not off-putting if I only listen to a low noise level as well in one ear..

So the question is can I stop these changes from N1MM in the setup or can I change the RS232 connections in any way. The result was I couldn't use the Stereo position on the phones so I had to set it up to Mono..........

I know - I could use another contest logging program - but would it be free and as comprehensive?

Thank You - to all those in CQWW CW for the points and the kindly way in which my pile ups were tolerated.

73 Dave G3RXP