Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Frequency Adjustment

To: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Frequency Adjustment
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:23:52 -1000
The Omni VI has a 20 MHz reference oscillator (which is divided down to 10 MHz) to which the VFO and the band switching crystal oscillators are locked. The BFO crystal oscillator is not locked to anything. You can have the 20 MHz reference dead on frequency and still be off frequency if the BFO is not adjusted correctly.

DE N6KB
Well after further examination this is NOT where I need to be - hi. It looks like that is
the locking crystal for all the "logic" - duh!

 The rig is slightly off frequency  (about 150 Hz) - even after a significant
warm-up.

Looking at the schematic, I have found the crystal oven on the Logic Board
(81606).  It looks like the crystal frequency can be tweaked with C31.  This is
an early O-6 and it has the crystal oven.

Other than C31, are there any other adjustments I should be considering?