Re: [TenTec] dedicated laptop for ham programs, rig control

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dedicated laptop for ham programs, rig control
From: "jack" <jfriend31@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:10:09 -0700
as for MixW check with the provider for use on a second machine. maybe the code he sent will work on a second machine but maybe not. the license has to be verified by internet connection. of course you can use the trial version for 50 QSOs and reinstall every 50 QSOs. or just forget keeping a log in MixW at all.

what good is the computer without internet connection?

are you not going to log with that computer? if you do log the program will go out to the internet if possible for QTH, name etc.

I would not personally want the rig control computer without the ability to search the internet for info, spots, etc.

just my thots on the matter,
jack
ak7o

PS I have used Norton for years now and have not had a problem with any bugs etc and my computers have been connected to the internet always. the only time the computer is not connected is when it is turned off.

I have two Orions in SO2R configuration using LOGic9 and MixW3. LOGic9 searches QRZ when I work a new station. I often upload to LoTW and Club Log. all that is not possible without internet connection.

-----Original Message----- From: denton