[TenTec] Ten-Tec Model 777 headset

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Model 777 headset
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:27:28 -0600
I bought one of the Ten-Tec DX Pro model 777 headsets when they were first
introduced.  Within the warranty period the headset developed an intermittent
where the cable strain relief enters the headset.  Ten-Tec to their credit
replaced the headset under warranty.  The replacement,  now out of warranty,
has developed the same problem.  I am hesitant to order another set fearing
this is an inherent design issue and the problem will repeat.  I have opened
the earpiece where the cable comes in and with some tech bench finesse think I
can come up with a repair.  I will definitely attempt this before replacing.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the 777 headset.

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI

----------Legal Disclaimer----------
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
replying to this message and delete it from your computer.