Re: [TenTec] Open wire line

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Open wire line
From: "Bry Carling" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:31:21 -0500
I worked a guy the other day who was using 300 ohm TV twinlead as a
transmitting
feedline to a 70 foot long dipole. The feedline was buried underground,
and it was also running up taoed to a metal mast to the center of the dipole.
All kinds of things that break the "rules of ladderline and hamdom."

I was astonished at what a great signal this guy had!
As Chuck Berry sang: "It goes to show you never can tell."

YMMV
73 de AF4K - Bry
Sanford, FL