Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:24:02 -0600
I have not gone to a hamfest in years. I have never been to Dayton, but that is something to consider if I ever retire. And, I don't worry too much about magazine advertising.

But, on a much happier note, I got my Argonaut VI on Friday afternoon, have figured out how to sort of use it, and have made some contacts with it on 30 and 17 Meter CW. I have mine set up with the 6 KHz, 2.7 KHz, and 700 HZ filters. My intention is to use it with my Elecraft 6 and 2 meter transverters. But, to figure out how to use it, I am experimenting with it on HF. So far, I am impressed. The receiver is extremely impressive. While tuning around on the non-WARC bands during the ARRL contest, I found that with the 100 Hz bandwidth setting, it was possible to separate most signals in the pileups. It is better than my Corsair II in this regard. I have gotten decent signal reports with my trap vertical and 70+ radials in a far from optimal location. I am still on the steep part of the learning curve, but from what I see so far, this is one incredible little radio. The engineers and the production folks ought to be extremely proud of this product.

It was well worth the wait. I called the second day they were available, and managed to get one from the second production run.

73,

Steve WA9JML