Re: [TenTec] Hamfests in general

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hamfests in general
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:25:34 -0600
I haven't read every post in this thread, but I might mention that one
not-so-minor consideration these days is the sales tax you have to pay on a
purchase at a hamfest. Tax on a $3000 rig will be at least $240 (at 8%) at most
hamfests and a dealer can't absorb all of that. But at least one will ship it
to you for free with no tax if you don't mind waiting an extra day or two.