[TenTec] Just saying...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Just saying...
From: "Michael A. Goltz" <whomike@zoominternet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:01:04 -0500
I really ENJOY this reflector. I learned a lot (and reviewed a lot) about various things-including speakers! I do not think anyone should get upset -after all- this is just to exchange IDEAS! At the risk of starting up something again-I want to say that the discussions about "open wire feeders" and "balanced tuners" was most informative and interesting. Brings up in my memory a point my Elmer "W8YPT" always stressed to me way back in the 60's...(as he was banging out CW on his DX 100 for me to copy) "Put up 2 equal lengths of wire. Feed in the center with open wire or twinlead or-- what you have. Use a link coupled tuner. You are good for all bands and should be able to work what you hear." Is that good advice Rick? I always found it was. Thanks to all who threw in their 2 cents! Mike-- N8MRS