Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Ten-Tec Omni-VII Review was added

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Ten-Tec Omni-VII Review was added
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:03:45 -0400
Improving?   Just producing that would be slick enough !!

I gave up on it. It bothered me at first, but I guess the current economic slump means lots of projects have been tabled, from local real property development to better spectrum scopes from TT. So I am OK with it, now. It appears some projects won't happen as planned, and I am sure TT is just as disappointed as I am.

Parenthetically, I took a look at the new Yaesu FTdx3000, but it looks like it has "issues" and may not play well with other rigs in a crowded contest shack - so I am going to enjoy my Omni VII another year comfortable knowing it has required very few firmware updates or fixes over time and has been a pretty good choice for my first HR transceiver.

Just MY take.

Disclaimer:  While I am a TT Ambassador, I don't care about
the potential rebates, and my wife says I already have too
much commercial involvement with the company, saying I
already have excessive investment in the TT equipment,
and, as a deterrent, threatens to invite her mother to
stay with us for a MONTH if I invest in any more TT gear;
so I hope the old lady does not mind sleeping on the
couch ... in the garage...  ;-)