Re: [TenTec] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:53:37 -0500 (CDT)
There's quite a few RF doorknob caps available from Russian sources as
found on the big auction site.  Usually available in qty of 3 to 6 pcs
and reasonably priced.  Now one may have to find space to replace the
disk ceramics.   I've fried a few disk ceramics when trying to load the
80M antenna on 160M.  A robust cap is well worthwhile.

I've replaced all of the disk ceramic caps in my 238 tuner with the
Russian doorknobs and my SWR drift no longer takes place.  I also
replaced those in the Centurion amp.   The Johnson Thunderbolt amp is
next for a cap replacement.

73
Bob, K4TAX