[TenTec] Looking for advice on my Omni VI

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Looking for advice on my Omni VI
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:18:18 -0700 (PDT)
Although I follow the postings on this site routinely, it has been a while
since I sent in a post and usually it has something to do with my transceiver
getting squirrely (technical term hi) on me. Well this is no exception and it
has started back up; TT service did not provide a long term cure last time it
would seem. Lately I will be listening on the bands (usually 20 meters at the
bottom) when I loose audio, the ability to transmit, the lights on the front go
out except for the frequency, clock, and meter; occasionally I will also get a
high pitched steady tone. I go through the process of doing the various levels
of reset to no avail. But as I power on and off, hit buttons on the front
panel, and do a fair amount of cussing, suddenly I get my full functions back.
When I get it back usually the settings have changed slightly (like USB instead
of CW and 2.4 instead of 50 filter) but the frequency is the same as when I
lost all these functions.

I am really reluctant to send the unit back to Paul; since I have gone that
route a time or two. It anyone has any ideas short of buying a new rig, I would
like to hear them (either on this list or direct). Thanks for taking the time
to read this and hopefully give it a little thought. 73s   Roger Rippy   W7RIP

Roger & Marie Rippy
Bozeman, Montana