Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII Panadapter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII Panadapter
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 11:23:58 -0400

I did not think it was ever going to be a full bore panadapter - JUST A continuously updating spectrum scope like we have now. I think of a panadapter as something more, with waterfall display, etc. I gave up on it, and bought a $100 SDR kit from FunkAmateur in Germany that works like a second receiver using N4PY software. Guess that is as good as I can do and will save my money for another toy or a new radio.

I am sure JH and TT are just as sorry it has not materialized as we are. Various third parties said they would develop it and, apparently, false started, failed, gave up trying, or something.

Oh well... they meant well.