Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:22:57 +0300
On 05/23/2013 10:06 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Geoff,

Would be interesting to know its call sign and how much power it was
running, AND, if it is still on the air.
The AM BC band is dying over here.

Perhaps 10kw or 20kw would be enough to hear it at that distance.
It might not have been 50kw.

According to the Wikipedia, it was licensed with a maximum of 500kW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orfordness_transmitting_station

I can hear British AM BC stations here at night, and Radio Luxembourg comes
in loud and clear, but like I said, Europe was never blanketed wall to wall
with 50kw AM BC stations.

It's now completely gone from the air, permission to use 648kHz has been withdrawn.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379
It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!