Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: tentec@contesting.com, rick@dj0ip.de
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:49:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Rick,

Actually, I've done a fair amount of HF operating from G3LDI's place in
Norfolk.  Roger then had a TH6DXX (since replaced with a SteppIR) at  110
feet.  Most of that was on 20, though, which as you say is very  different from
40.  He's since gotten interested in 160, but his  biggest problem there is
local noise rather than strong stations, even though  he's on 7 acres out in
the country.

It's fairly rural here in the desert too, with the nearest semi-active ham
about 5 miles away.  There's also a guy about 2 miles away who likes to
ragchew with his buddies on 160 SSB running a KW, when I am trying to work  DX
about 40 kHz down.  The O II handles both of them, unless the hardware  NB
is on.

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 5/22/2013 3:59:01 P.M. GMT Standard Time, Rick@DJ0IP.de