Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"

To: <rmcgraw@blomand.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:09:38 -0500
I'm using a FLEX-1500 (http://www.flex-radio.com/FLEX-1500_Current.pdf) as a separate receiver. While the FLEX-1500 can be slaved to the OMNI-VII (frequency) using DXLab Commander (and the N4PY sub-rx mod), it is still operating as a SDR receiver controlled by Power SDR and is NOT picking off the IF of the OMNI-VII. As a result, I can listen to and view the received signals close in, up, or down the band, using band stacking, band switching, and / or any of the PowerSDR control functions to monitor my (or others') signal. While I prefer the panadapter mode with .5 X, 1 X, 2 X, or 4 X zoom, depending upon the application, there are also spectrum, scope, phase, phase 2, waterfall, histogram, panafall, and panascope display capabilities. In short the FLEX-1500 may not be a spectrum analyzer or service monitor, but if one is looking for IMD trash or other signal components above the noise floor (currently -130 dBm on 14.070 MHz @ 1900 UTC) it can do it.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Mcgraw