Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:51:46 -0400
Oh Pshaw...

Under your theory, CS, then it means anyone who buys all brand new TenTec equipment directly from the factory, has no right to expect his radio and amp to be within specification and operating properly.

        That does not say much about TT equipment,
        does it?

What an arrogant and ludicrous position, as well. I own a car, and do know how to work the speedometer, but this is not a apposite analogy.

A better analogy would be to expect every owner of every car to understand how it works, and to be able to operate all the electronic and computerized diagnostic equipment necessary to tune and repair the most exotic and esoteric functions of the engine. Heck, only certified mechanics are even allowed to do that in my state. Expecting every driver to be that well schooled is unreasonable and foolish to expect.

This is hardly a fair expectation, and neither is yours about ham operators. I should be considered a good ham if I take appropriate steps to make sure a properly qualified and trained technician to check and make sure it is up to snuff.

Under your theory, doctors who use medical devices to diagnose disease should be able to fully strip and rebuild and understand, test, and verify the operation of the equipment they use, as well. After all, they would be quacks not to fully understand and test their equipment since that is a matter of life and death to their patients, and ham radio is merely a source of emotional aggravation to you.

Nuts.