Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor "TX IMD"
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:02:39 -0400
OK. You need a page about this on your web site, with one of your world famous spread sheets (ala your tuner spec report) and that will be a start. I forget how many Arlo Guthrie says makes a "movement" ... ;-)

In retrospect,... maybe Bob has a better idea than we first thought.

Although I favor laissez faire economics, and less gov-mt intrusion overall, perhaps it would not exactly hurt if the FCC promulgated a clean transmitter standard, something like the amplifier purity standards ... you know... like the German (Reinheitsgebot) beer purity law... that mandates transceivers must meet a minimum, but sufficiently strict, standard for spectral purity and accuracy - like they do with linear amplifiers - and maybe provide a limit on bandwidth (yep, that should start a fist fight...) and mandate clean, narrow banded signals with minimal splatter. (I am speaking generally here - I am not an expert on this... sure got kicked on the processor issue...) :-)

So, perhaps, a new regulation on the matter might be helpful - it would elicit a more prompt response from manufacturers than our market pressure plan.

Again, while I don't favor gov-mt action, perhaps it couldn't hurt in this case. Let me know when you get your new clean transmitter page on the web site.

On 6/16/2013 5:23 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> HERE IS HOW WE START: Let's read up on the specs of the various filthy rigs
that have come out in the past 3 years and let's start publically talking
about them and warn people not to buy them.  Let's make it clear that these
specific rigs, driving a linear amplifier are producing significant
unnecessary QRM on our bands.

*** WE NEED A TX PERFORMANCE LIST. ***