Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor

To: rmcgraw@blomand.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Speech Processor
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 01:06:19 -0400

On 6/15/2013 8:04 PM, Robert Mcgraw wrote:
Oh I agree on non-popular government mandated issues.  In general they
are never viewed as popular.   However until some authoritative branch
steps in, there is no incentive for any forward action.

        I say we try Rick's market approach first, and
        only upon failing that, we invoke government
        action.  Manufacturers are in it for the money,
        so if they are not selling radios, then they might
        be induced to change them.   Even if the gov-mt
        has good intentions, there is no guaranty it will
        get it right.  If market pressure fails,... then,
        presumably, gov-mt will still be there...

   I didn't like spending $2300 for a
new HD TV at the time but today I'm glad I did.  {As as side note, if
you've not seen HD TV off of the air but only experienced cable or
satellite service, then you've not seen good HD TV.}

        Ouch.  I refuse to spend that much money on a
        silly TV. The programs are no better for being
        shown in hi-def.  The Lions will still LOSE every
        other Sunday - regardless of whether or not the
        picture is so clear and distinct I can count the
        blemishes on the young quarterback's chin.     ;-)

Just My take...