[TenTec] Omni VI+ crashed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ crashed
From: <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 02:55:46 +0000
Must be one of those evenings...

Was listening around on my Omni VI and all of a sudden it quit receiving, the
meter needle bounced once and the display and tuning controls locked...  None
of the buttons respond.  I cycled the power thinking it had gotten confused for
some reason and when it powers up, no frequency display, the meter lamps are
very dim and all the LED lamps for controls on the front are lit.

I’m hoping it’s not the dreaded controller board failure.

Anyone seen this one before.  Tried a different power supply and it did the
same thing.

Strange evening...

The Orion II still works quite well though....😊

Thanks,

Cecil Acuff
Gulfport MS
K5DL