Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Situation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Situation
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:27:44 -0700
On 7/9/2013 9:55 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Most of our BCC guys are still team contesting (and winning) with older
FT-1000's or TS-850s.

The 850 is a decent radio, reasonably clean. I ran a pair for a while and liked them. The FT1000 comes with clicks, and must be fixed, but was an improvement over the 850. The MP and its family have one audio processing setting that can be made to sound great (and clean), but all the other settings sound awful and are dirty. The W8JI website has good info on fixing the clicks. K6XX and I managed to coexist pretty well both running MPs, but we were happy to replace them with K3s. Bob later went to work for Elecraft as an EE.

73, Jim K9YC