Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 06:25:11 +0200
James, I did not say you have feedline radiation.
I said your feedline is contributing to the matching of your antenna on the
10m band and that you have excessive losses in your balun on that band.

You need to study up on TLT (transmission line transformers).
Jerry Sevick wrote a good book on the topic, but it's also covered in other
text books.

On ten meters, the feedline is reversing from current node to voltage node
every 6 ft.  You are measuring your impedance with a short coax stub but
even a couple of ft. of coax can distort your readings significantly.  If
you want to know what it really is, you should do as I asked you to do
earlier, attach an electrical half wavelength of coax to it and measure
again.

You should either show us a model of your antenna showing that it works, or
measure it properly, then I'll agree that the antenna is working
efficiently.

But as someone said earlier, never touch a running system.
If it's working for you, have an 807.

BTW, 807s here in Bavaria are considered "food", so we don't have to call
them adult beverages.
We just drink some bread.

73
Rick, DJ0IP