Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:56:15 -0700
I'm surprised you're burning the tree at only 30' from the feed point. I
wouldn't be surprised at a quarter wavelength out but 30' on 160 meters is
maybe .05 wavelength out or something. Should be high current, relatively low
voltage. I'm doing this in my head which is not a reliable way to do
calculations.

Ham lore around here is trees matter at high voltage points not current points.
This may just be of those things we know that isn't true.

Maybe you aren't exclusively QRP.

Jon