Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Just ordered my Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TenTec_Eagle] Re: Just ordered my Eagle
From: "John B. Egger" <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:45:45 -0400
I've often thought about commenting on these antenna/ground threads; Glenn's note and Rick's reply have provided the motivation. I understand Glenn's position, but have often felt immensely privileged to be invited to share in the expertise of contributors to this group. (I'm tempted to start naming a few but am sure to inadvertently omit a valuable contributor.) I am saving the posts in these discussions, most of them, in the hope that someday I'll turn my attention to, and eventually understand, them!

Again, it's a huge privilege to be able to share in the knowledge of our group members. A big "thank you," guys! And I bet I'm not alone in this viewpoint.

--John K3GHH

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Glen, this is a place where Ten-Tec users talk about their radios and other
common points of interest.
A radio is worthless without an antenna.

Most of us are handicapped, antenna wise, and always looking for the best
all band antenna.
Openwire feedline seems to be a good choice but there has been a lot of
uncertainty around it.

The discussion which has recently taken place around that topic has been one
of the most useful discussions I have seen in my 20 years on the Internet.
You may not realize it, but some of the people discussing this point are
among the smartest in our industry.  You'll not find a better chance to
learn something than what you have, watching right here!

If that doesn't interest you, OK, hit your delete key, or move on. If you feel it compels you to move on, OK, we have no intention of holding up those who are just passing through. Good luck.

73
Rick, DJ0IP