Re: [TenTec] Orion, Eagle, and OMNI 7

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion, Eagle, and OMNI 7
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:29:38 -0400
I have several in the shack for Hi Fi and ham use, I have some old Realistic (RadioCrack) 10-band equalizers Cat. Co. 31-275 and 31-1989, and a Sansui GM77, and all of these can be had in good condition for under $50 on eBay if you shop carefully. New ones by Behringer, or Technical Pro, or maybe Peavey can be had for around $99 or so. Sometimes you can use one channel of a stereo model on one rig, and the other on another rig, allowing for separate EQ of two rigs.

TenTec radios are cool because they sometimes have a LINE-OUT jack on the rear (typically on the octopus accessory ACC-1 jack cable) and that allows you to use the rig speaker, or an extension speaker, plus route the audio at Line-Level to the EQalizer and powered speakers, and even use the headphone jack separately and still have the audio routed to the LINE-OUT line level jack (and maybe put your headphones into the final speaker/headphone device) - or - you can route the speaker out to the EQ and powered speakers, or the like, and you have some flexibility on where to put it. I use the LINE-OUT to the EQ and then input that into a TimeWave DSP 599zx audio filter, and use its separate output to powered speakers and/or headphones.

AND, you can usually bypass the EQalizer if you like.

Hope this helps... I can do photos, too...  just ask.