Re: [TenTec] Orion, Eagle, and OMNI 7

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion, Eagle, and OMNI 7
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:25:59 -0500
I have hearing impairments also and have In The Ear (ITE) Seimens Centra hearing aids (no longer available as ITE), with telecoils. I have found that J-hooks <http://www.tecear.com/Music_Link.htm> worn and plugged into my AOR TDF-370 DSP audio filter plugged into the line out of my OMNI-VII works really well. While I have some problems with headphones and speakers, the inductive connection by J-hooks to my hearing aids and audio reproduction inside them rather than audio amplification by them has helped me hear and clearly decode and understand voice and CW.

While my hearing aids have an automatic magnetic switching feature to telecoil operation (auto switching occurs when I put on a headset), the J-hook has NO magnet. I had my hearing aides re-programmed so that I can manually activate the telecoil feature to use J-hooks. A secondary benefit is NO headset fatigue or pinched ears when using J-hooks.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Richards