Re: [TenTec] Log, help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Log, help
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:06:50 -0700
On 8/25/2013 9:56 AM, Cecil wrote:
I noticed DXlab has a whole suite of products...are they all part of DXKeeper
or the other way around

They are independent programs, but they can interact with each other to do useful things.

DXView gives a readout of any call that you plug into it, tells you if you've worked that country on all bands and modes, tells you beam headings and distances for short and long path, and plots it on a map.

Commander is a rig control program,. I mostly use it to let DXKeeper read frequency and mode from my radio when I am entering a new QSO. It does other stuff.

Spot Collector takes incoming spots from as many as six DX clusters, and lists them in a window, telling you WHERE they were heard. It has a feature that I really love -- I can set it to show ONLY the spots for which it's a new country, or band country, or a new zone. I've picked up a lot of new ones this way.

There's other stuff in the suite, including one that will predict propagation to any QTH, and one that looks up QSL addresses. I rarely use them.

Thought to Gary, and to others. It's a good thing to upload logs to both LOTW and eQSL, because they support different awards. eQSL is accepted for CQ Magazine awards, LOTW is not (except for WPX), LOTW is accepted for ARRL awards, WPX, and now CQ Fields.

RSGB is still in the dark ages, and doesn't accept any electronic confirmations. If you ever think about applying for IOTA, plan on pouring LOTS and LOTS of your hard earned savings down the world postal system sewer. The stodgy old farts who control that should be ashamed of themselves.

73, Jim K9YC