Re: [TenTec] My New Orion II . . .

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My New Orion II . . .
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:30:31 -0400

On 8/25/2013 7:17 PM, Barry N1EU wrote:

b) what's a spectrum scope?

     *  Yaesu calls it a "spectrum scope."

     *  WinRAdio calls it a "spectrum scope."

     *  Loads of other hams call it a "spectrum scope"
        for example, Adam Farson, well known analyst who
        does testing like Rob Sherwood does:
            www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7700/scope.html

        Thus, I figure calling it a "spectrum scope" is
        in line with Yaesu and many others.

        N'est ce pas ?         ;-)    ;-)

Sidebar anecdote:

        Barry, your question is analogous to the time a
        cantankerous Judge once asked me why I used the
        words "Spousal Support"  instead of the  "age old,
        and time honored, word 'alimony'"... and I replied
        the Official State Court Rules require a provision
        for "Spousal Support" and make no mention of "alimony"
        anywhere.

        Similarly, I used spectrum scope because, it is so
        frequently used in the industry, whereas the locution,
        "spectrum sweep" has substantially more limited use.