Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:32:43 +0100
C42 is a shunt component on the *input* side of the LPF - the voltage across it is the full output voltage of the four combined PA modules, fundamental plus harmonics.

At 14MHz it's reactance is 114 Ohms. The current it flows is given by simple Ohm's law: I=Vout/114 irrespective of what else is in parallel with it.

Steve G3TXQ