Re: [TenTec] Using Non-TT Supply

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Non-TT Supply
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:44:07 -0400
Thanks for all the suggestions. The supply on the Omni Vi right now is a model for the old Omni. It was working OK, in spite of its current limits. Now, I get a voltage drop any where from 11.3 V
with 25 w out to 10.5 v with the drive advanced to full power.

I see 5v. of AC on the DC output on 20K Ohm VOM all the time. Is this enough to mean a bad cap?

I am going to hook the rig up to the little MFJ 22 Amp bare bones switcher, and see how that goes. If a problem, I have the circuit breaker that went with the early rigs for Mobile or battery
use.  It should take it up to 75-80 watts.

Does anyone have a copy of the circuit for a 962 power supply? TT does not have it on their
site.  I have the one for the old ps I'm using right now.

Thanks for the help.
BTW, I'm kinda hurried because our club is having a special events station next Sat. Sept 7.
I'll post more here about that by the weekend.

73,
John, K4AVX
k4avx1@windstream.net