Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 22:34:19 +0100
I agree!

But it's worth noting that the gain of a beam, referenced to a dipole at the same height, varies with take-off angle; so how much louder you will be on your beam compared to a dipole in exactly the same position will vary depending on what path you are working.

Over real ground you typically only get close to the Free Space dBd figure at very low elevation angles; at higher angles the gap closes.

Steve G3TXQ