Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:28:53 -0400
jim,

there are two wires, one of each side, that are 131 feet long. they meet in the
middle at the support and continue down 175 ish feet into the shack to a 1:1
current balun.

I use 'Snaplock' spacers to make up the open wire feed part of the antenna and
that begins at the center support.

so, each side is one continuous run of #14 gauge stranded wire

Mike Bryce
prosolar@sssnet.com