Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:36:21 -0400
rick and Paul

My magic sticks seems to point in that direction, too.

without seeing if they have standby current, it seems they are open, but still
there are drivers in the the pa, too.

while it is a bitch to get into, a scope on the output of the internal drivers
should show RF.

however that being said, if the pa is not pulling current from the supply, the
odds of taking out both pa transistor and the two low level drivers is kinda of
hard.

It too would wiggle the band switch back and forth,

if he were drawing current, but no rf, I'd suspect a band filter, but that old
radio doesn't use relays to select output filters

Mike Bryce
prosolar@sssnet.com