Re: [TenTec] Headset Reccomendation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headset Reccomendation
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:07:27 -0500
        EXCELLENT PIECE.   Nearly every comment about CW
        listening applies with equal force to SSB listening,
        just at a wider useful audio spectrum.

        Consistent therewith, you will find some headsets, such
        as the Shure SM-2, provide a useful degree of passive
        noise cancellation, PLUS the dynamic earphone receivers
        employ a limited frequency response, 100 to 8,000 Hz,
        which, to my ears, is tantamount to using high and low
        pass band filters.

        Although, while the CW test data is entirely relevant,
        I suspect the original post is about SSB audio, as the
        inquisitor asked about a "headset" (which I presume
        includes a microphone as well as earphone receivers) unless
        one is planning on speaking.    ;-)