Re: [TenTec] F.S. New Ten Tec 715 RF Processor

To: "Brian Carling AF4K" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] F.S. New Ten Tec 715 RF Processor
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:09:07 -0600
Set your radio mic gain with the TT-715 in the OUT position. The TT-715 has an output level setting on the back. With the PROC Gain set to about seven o'clock or just about 6 dB of clipping you should set the output level so the radio's peak RF output is the same when the TT-715 is IN as when it is OUT. Once you have that output level set correctly, you can change the pass band and proc gain. There's plenty of gain in the TT-715 making it easy to over drive the radio. Amplified, rising response, and hi-output microphones should be used cautiously with the TT-715.

I find using a separate receiver to make recordings for playback is the best way for me to make TT-715 Passband and level adjustments with various microphones.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Bry Carling