[TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with, TenTec rigs (R

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with, TenTec rigs (Really?)
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:28:13 -0500
By the subject on the last 2 or 3 days of posts, I though the topic was still
about AM.  Looking at the posts, I found some good info.  I'm having a
problem getting enough funds together to think about a new rig.  I have
an Omni VI+, and would want a new rig to equal it.

Don't think it will happen because of the two reasons above.  I may look
at the roofing filter, but I hope my VI+ doesn't die any time soon!
I do some casual contesting, and think a simple layout for the controls
you need is about as important as rx specs.  Ten Tec rates well in
this respect.  I've used an Omni VII on FD, but need to try out the
Eagle.

I have the same problems as Rick, staying awake, plus sitting for hours.

John, K4AVX
Message: 2