Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 21:02:50 -0600
I comes from many years of tuning AM broadcast transmitters. The "right side of resonance" refers to adjusting the tank circuit tuning capacitor to a slightly lesser value of C which is normally turning the knob to the right. One will notice a slight increase in plate current, otherwise a bit more than the current at the actual "dip" value. Typically about a 2% to 5% increase is adequate. For my RCA BT the dip is about 425 ma and I run it at about 435 ma for 3300 volts DC.

With this method one will notice an increase in output power when tuned to the "right side of resonance" by a few milliamps while tuning to the "left side of resonance" the same amount will show a decrease in output. The input power remains the same for both cases but the output is greater in one case and less in the other case.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>