Re: [TenTec] Before I call Ten Tec . . .

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Before I call Ten Tec . . .
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 07:25:04 -0500
Mike,

If any of this made sense, would we be hams?

John - WA1JG

On 3/4/2014 12:46 AM, Mike Bryce wrote:
hummm….

I’m going to shoot from the hip here.

I don’t believe you have a PA problem.

I suspect it’s a logic board failure.

The CPU instructs many of the circuits on what to do and when to do it.

The Omni VI is packed full of various signal diodes, they are biased on or off
depending on what band the circuit is operating on. The bandpass and the output
filter board is one of many like that.

I’d take a peek at the bandpass board because it’s easier to get to. You’ll see a multi wire
connector on one end,  I’m doing this from memory, so you’ll need to look it up in your manual,

Set your VOM to read voltage and start with the 160 meter band, you see +8 volts or so
turning on that part of the circuit. Check each band and note wether or not
you’re seeing the control voltages coming from the logic board.

If you find one of the bands that is causing your trouble is not being turned
on, then work backwards toward the logic board. IT gets complex in there, but
the microprocessor will select the send the proper voltages to the various
boards depending on the band selected.

does any of that make sense to you?

mike, wb8vge

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE