Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:45:24 -0500
Yes, and it looks to me that some of the IM measurements do not meet current FCC requirements. I wonder who and how the certification measurements were conducted.

Of course I'm sure these aren't the only certification values that were pushed through so the product could be sold. It seems that companies do that these days more frequently than not.

I agree, we do need vast improvements with products on the air today. I could imagine a situation much like pollution testing for vehicles. It is up to the manufacturer to design it to meet specs and up to the user to keep it in that condition. Unless grandfathered in, that would obsolete a lot of radios unless the user modified them to meet specs. And that in most instances would be next to impossible.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de> To: <k9yc@arrl.net>; "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:30 PM

Jim, it is nasty compared to a Collins 32S3 transmitter and to radios with
50v transistors, but compared to most radios shipping today with 12v
transistors, it seems to be average.

Which is why I have been saying for a long time that we need to start
SCREAMING at the OEMs to clean up their act!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)