Re: [TenTec] Omni VI mystery

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI mystery
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 17:42:42 -0500
After spending some time reading the manuals and on the air with John
WA9AQN, very helpful, I tried some more in the FL QSO Party, with the RIT
set on this time, per John's suggestion, but little better even running 100
watts.  I will call TenTec in the morning, I guess.

I went back to the 706 and proceeded to work quite a few more FL stations,
on 5 watts, not always on the first call but about what one would expect
given the signal I was calling, and the QRP signal I was sending.  Anyway,
there were no problems getting a reply on the first all or second depending
on competition at that moment.

This is as fascinating as it is frustrating.  I cannot for the life of me
think of what this might be.

Thanks for all the brain power that was expended today.  I'll be sure to
report as progress is made, if any!

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen