Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Jupiter on its Way _ A Few Questions
From: "Rockinghorse Winner (Terry)" <ny6p01@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:08:51 -0700
Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
I agree that loops are quieter.......but so is a dummy load. Secondly, with a loop in the house, I would NEVER transmit with one due to extremely high levels of radiation.......a.k.a. brain burners.

A receiving loop has its advantages with directional properties. That is about the only good thing I can find about loops unless they are larger than 1/2 wave physically. I realize we all do not have ideal antenna locations and in many cases we must "make do" with what is available. If a loop is that choice, then so be it. Personally, I'd suggest looking at other alternatives even to a mobile antenna, a C clamp, and a balcony railing.

73
Bob, K4TAX

The primary reason for the receiving loop is to cut down on the qrn. I get out 'ok' with the shortened dipole I have on a tripod in my living room. Looks kind of weird in that location but....

----- Original Message ----- From: <ny6p01@gmail.com>