[TenTec] Power distribution in Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Power distribution in Orion
From: Carl Gansen <wb0cff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 17:58:07 -0500
I recently had to replace my power cable as well as the Mate-N-Lock
connector inside my
Orion. The pins had gotten burned on the surface and no amount of clean-up
made a reliable
connection.

I am trying to map some of the voltage drops in the Orion power
distribution. I would like to
know what others see for one of the voltage drops. When measuring from the
positive
lead of my power supply to the center pin of the +13.8 Vdc connector on the
back panel
at key down full power out. I see about 0.5 to 0.6 Vdc drop, depending on
the band. That takes
in the voltage drop along the Ten Tec supplied power cable, the power
connector, plus
some internal voltage drops.

If you'd be so kind to do this little experiment, I would like to get a
feel for what others are seeing.

I have also seen the Power-Pole modification Wiki. For those with some
history on that, how
has that worked out for you? Can anybody offer a parts list? I am a total
newbie to Power-Pole
connectors.

Thanks in advance for your efforts and information.
--
Carl R. Gansen WB0CFF
9300 W225th Street