Re: [TenTec] Orion I for PSK using TT 712 adapter and Windows 7 setup he

To: <efeustel@hughes.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I for PSK using TT 712 adapter and Windows 7 setup help wanted
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:32:09 -0500
Why use VOX?   The 712 provided a hard PTT command.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@hughes.net> To: <grant@lcrgusa.com>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:26 AM

On 5/14/2014 4:23 PM, Grant Laughlin wrote:
I have just bought the TT 712 adapter so I can do PSK on my Orion I with HRD
DM 780 on a windows 7 machine.

Thus far I can hear digital on the speaker and see a waterfall but I cannot seem to vary the audio level for receive on the waterfall or get any decent
xmit out of the Orion no matter what I do.

If anyone knows how to set this up I would be very pleased to hear from you.
I suspect there is a problem with the radio since I have found control of
the soundcard and varied it to no avail. TT is of no help either and prefer to blame the computer or software. I cannot find a decent setup anywhere on
this.

Thanks, 73 & good DX de W5XJ in Dallas

Grant Laughlin - EM12ou

Grant,
Have you looked at other and selected Aux Input instead of Mike?
Have you enabled VOX?

I use a Ten Tec Kit that provides isolated input and output to a sound card on my computer. I found I had to adjust the Aux Input Gain substantially in order to trigger the VOX.

Hope this helped.
Ed, N5EI