Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 07:15:23 -0500
Rick, I have used the all band counter-poise as a single solution but if I recall correctly my problem with RF in the audio of my FT-101 with MLA-2500 at the time was just a single band. The station ground ran around the floor on two sides of the room (probably close to twenty feet) from radio / amp to the street side of the copper water pipe entrance of the water meter. I later used a star bit and hammer to punch a hole in the concrete floor and then drove a copper ground rod in at the rear of the desk. If I recall, that ground did not solve the problem. As K9YC has stated, low resistance to earth ground is not the solution.

At my current location there is less than six feet of copper from the equipment ground lug to an eight foot ground rod driven in the basement perimeter sump well which takes the water softener discharge. That rod is also bonded to the SPG and MDP. I also have the all band counterpoise connected to the TT-253 Automatic Antenna Coupler; yes, I may have a belt and suspenders arrangement, but I do not have any RF in the station symptoms on any bands when the Titan-425 is driven by the OMNI-VII.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M
-----Original Message----- From: Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP