Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Questions

To: "Phil Coley" <dxingman@bellsouth.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Questions
From: "Al Sirois" <alsirois@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 05:53:59 -0400

Good morning, Phil:

I have owned three (3) Jupiters, all three opened up for the MARS system and they work just fine.

The last two I traded with the factory for a NEW OMNI-7. I just wanted a NEW radio for a change.

The CW works excellent in the Jupiter as does the OMNI-7.

The ORIGINAL Jupiter with the green screen and original software was just perfect for me. I copy code well ( see my bio on QRZ), so I didn't like the code reader in the BLUE SCREEN VERSION. And, the BLUE screen didn't offer any benefits that I could see. I would buy another one if I wanted a back-up radio. I see them selling used for as low as $550.- now......$700.- is too high . I would not pay a higher price for a blue screen even though it is newer.

Call me if you have any more question.

alsirois@roadrunner.com
N1MHC@arrl.net
nnn0wna@navymars.org