Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Next Flagship
From: george fritkin via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 18:25:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, you just described the ORION ll

George, W6GF

On Friday, May 23, 2014 6:22 PM, Dan Presley <dpresley1@comcast.net> wrote:

I set up a random length 'balanced' equal side length antenna (hate to call
this a dipole!) fed with ladder line and a johnson matchbox for a friend who
always struggled in a bad and space limited urban location. He couldn't believe
the difference on most bands.  now he is actually competitive on qrp. Yes it's
not perfect and I'm sure has some lobes and directionality but it's a good
compromise antenna for many situations. Much better than a bad vertical.

Dan Presley 503-701-3871 N7CQR
Dpresley1@Comcast.net