[TenTec] TEN TEC ACROBAT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN TEC ACROBAT
From: Ham in a box <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 18:14:54 -0400

Speaking of TT making stuff... making dipoles this weekend...

I hope they still produce the TenTec Acrobat antenna center insulator. I like these for quick and easy dipole construction using either window line or coax transmission. You can also use window line as the antenna elements. I see Jetstream uses them on their G5RV antennas. I think they still cost only $10 (+/-) and they work swell.

If we all purchased some colored rubber rings, a bunch of Acrobat insulators, rope, end insulators, connectors, coax, and similar jazz, it would be a minor financial boost and mean less stuff they will have to move to the new facility. Not going to save the company, but it couldn't hurt... ;-)

I have been working with an Elecraft guy to see if the TT rubber rings will work on his custom knob - sent him a sample last week. It would be ironic to have TT rings on Elecraft knobs. Why not! Its all good.